15.9.14

Hi.



I have this niggling feeling, that I am missing something.

Stuff for Sparkles.

I stand in the baby aisles, and I hold suits, towels and promptly put them back on the rack.  I have no idea why. I am organised.  It's what I do.  I like lists, plans and an idea of what/why/when.  I also think, I keep telling myself to relaaaaaax that my brain took that message as: STOP! PUT THAT ROMPER SUIT DOWN.

I am reassured in the fact, that we have stuff in storage.  The likes of prams, car seats and cots.  I ordered some CUTE frames for the nursery.  But call me crazy, they are not a box of nappies.Also. this time around.. there is SO much more choice in shops.  When I shopped for EG, there was usually a few measly baby racks at the back of big w.

Now?

Even I can buy baby suits with my Crunchy Nut Cornflakes at Coles.

Soda water, jacket potatoes & pretzels are ruling the roost here.  Insomnia is being nasty.  So are my dicky hips.  I eat rennies because, I like to not have flame throwers down my throat.  I freak out when the kicks stop.  I wish I could take my tummy off for 20 minutes to get stuff done.

I am solo parenting.

Chris has headed off interstate for a few weeks.  A regular income will be awesome, but I feel like I have lost a limb.  I miss him so much.  I look out to the shed, and for the last 6 months or so.. there is has been.

Today, it's jarmie day.  Toys have been set up all over the lounge room.  I am calling it Party Pies for dinner. I taking the day off.  So is EG.  A quiet chilled out day.  She's craving it.  So am I.  I have never, ever seen her so happy to just be.  I have even managed to steal a few moments to read a new book.  Which is lucky.  Because Charlie-puppy ate my last one.



Plus, I'm back on the smoothies.  I am trying to pack them full of goodness, because I do believe.. babies need more than just pretzels.

Loz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment