16.7.14

Dear Sparkles,

Sometimes you just stop me, fully in my tracks.  I usually catch a glimpse of you in the mirror.  My ever growing waist line, a continual reminder.. that you are on your way.  Your life, has already started. Your height, hair colour, eye colour has already been mapped out for you.

It's a special time.  A special time, in the quiet of the night I feel you.  Like a little flicker, there you are. A slight butterfly movement, reminds me that the pure amazement it is.. to be your Mum.

I think of you often.  I laugh, as I open another punnet of cherry tomatoes.  I cry, as I wonder how one person can function on this little energy.  I cross the weeks off, and can't fathom.. that come the end of this year.. you will complete our little tribe.


Of all the mums in the world, I am yours.

I picture, us as a family.  Summer days on a blanket in the garden.  Hot nights pacing the pavement hoping for sleep.  Your sister hiding all her My Little Ponies out of reach.

It will be hard, we will learn together.  I promise.

My Dearest Sparkles..

I love you

x

No comments:

Post a Comment