31.7.14

19 weeks. (or, I can't think of a funny title today)

19 weeks.  Nearly half way.  That roughly translates into: Um, totally not even close to being organised and dude.. I am already feeling like the size of a small elephant.

Like most things we tackle in life, it's a roller coaster ride. Only the other day I went completely bananas, cleaning all the things.  Nothing was safe from my duster.  I know, I dusted.  I am quite shocked too.  Even up high things. I washed bedsheets. The bathroom even got cleaned.  Properly.  I did more in one day, than I have done in seven weeks.

I promptly side-kicked with joy, that I was not actually feeling sick. 

Fast-forward to today. 

I stood at the kitchen bench wondering if a could nap on the floor while EG's lunch was cooking. I felt so sick, that I just stood at the toilet door.. not daring to enter because well.  I am sick of the sight of my bloody toilet and fought this round.

Morning sickness. Or as I like to call it: Please, even I am starting to get sick of smell of Toilet Duck.

I am growing. That is an accurate description on what I like to call: Pillow Mountain. Because, heart burn is rearing it's burny head and round ligament pain is something you forget about. You forget a lot of stuff. Which is lucky, because Pregzilla here is quite hormonal today.



I still pinch myself (not too hard, I'll cry) and think.. two kids! We will be a family of four! It's all a bit special. The baby kicks, remind me of separating the symptoms to the real life being you're growing. I wonder. I wonder often. Boy, girl?  Will they have a wicked sense of humour like EG?  I can't fathom, that in 21 weeks (hear that sparkles, we are not going overdue.. OK?) we'll meet this little person. 

It's been mayhem here recently.  Anyone who owns a small business, will understand the craziness.  I have held the fort inside the house, while Chris has met some crazy deadlines.  We have had some big chats on how we can streamline life.  We're all exhausted.  As much as it is his name on the business, it is very much a team effort here.  

I am looking forward to start organising the nursery.  I don't do themes.  But I truly missed decking out a nursery with EG we were renting/in the midst of moving.  I have been searching for star decals.  Designing posters in my head.  And holding baby socks in Target and looking like a deranged woman.



In other news, EG finally got her fish.  Little Fish of Calm.  So nice to watch, and they won't eat my glasses or remote for the telly.

Put the kettle on will you?
Loz x

No comments:

Post a Comment